Angelina Jolie hints at reconciliation with father

Angelina Jolie has hinted at a reconciliation with estranged father Jon Voight.

The 'A Mighty Heart' star has not spoken to her Oscar-winning father since 2002 after he accused her of being unstable and an unfit mother.

However, the 32-year-old actress - who was left devastated after discovering Voight had cheated on her late mother, Marcheline Bertrand when they were married - says she is ready to repair their relationship. advertisement

Angelina told London's Evening Standard newspaper, "I am hoping my relationship with my father will be more private in the future. At the end of the day we both wish the best for each other and we'll try to start communicating in some way."

Voight recently expressed his desire to repair his bond with Angelina after she had given birth to Shiloh, her one-year-old daughter with partner Brad Pitt.

Speaking after seeing pictures of a six-week-old Shiloh and Angelina in a magazine, Voight said, "I never saw Angie's face more happy. I saw a deep, deep peace that had never been there before until this.

"She had a beautiful, beautiful look. Both Brad and Angie looked so happy."

"I haven't seen Shiloh yet. I'm looking forward to it, and no, we haven't spoken. I don't have any communication with Angelina."

Angelina - who also has three adopted children, Maddox, five, three-year-old Pax and two-year-old Zahara - has previously hinted that a resolution might be possible.

She said, "I don't hate him. I simply feel we only have so much energy in this life."

No comments: