Jailed Paris Hilton claims 'dumb act is over'

Jailed Paris Hilton claims 'dumb act is over'
Paris Hilton says she has learned that acting dumb is “no longer cute” and claims she is a reformed character after being sent back to jail.

Hilton: 'I'm not the same person'
The US socialite and heiress to the Hilton family fortune was taken back to prison screaming and in floods of tears last week after she was released only three days into a sentence for drinking driving.
Hilton had been told she could serve the remainder of her 45-day jail term at home wearing a tag. But after reports emerged that she was planning a party to celebrate her homecoming Supreme Court Judge Michael Sauer ordered her to appear in court.
After waiting two hours for Hilton he said she should be remanded for the rest of her sentence.
In a phone call to ABC News the 26-year-old, who was dragged from court screaming "It's not fair, It's not right" following the judge’s ruling, said: "I'm not the same person I was. I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute.
advertisement
"Now, I would like to make a difference. God has given me this new chance."
Seen by many as a spoilt rich kid, Hilton claimed she had been deeply affected by her time in jail. She claimed she had told her lawyers not to appeal against her return to prison and described her sentence as "by far the hardest thing I have ever done".
"I was not eating or sleeping. I was severely depressed and felt as if I was in a cage," she said. "It was a horrible experience."
Hilton, who must wear a jump-suit behind bars and is not allowed make-up, reportedly told ABC she would like to help in the fields of breast cancer or multiple sclerosis when she gets out.

No comments: